I have developed my very own version of the mouthwatering Filipino fried chicken that Max’s restaurant is famous for, and I have given it the name Max’s Style Fried Chicken with Kamote Fries. An alternative to breading that is used in the preparation of fried chicken. In addition to having a really mouthwatering flavor, the exterior is crisp, while the interior is quite moist. With fries produced from sweet potatoes, it is often offered as an accompaniment. The Methods That Will Help You Make Fried Chicken in the Style of Max…
I have developed my very own version of the mouthwatering Filipino fried chicken that Max’s restaurant is famous for, and I have given it the name Max’s Style Fried Chicken with Kamote Fries. An alternative to breading that is used in the preparation of fried chicken. In addition to having a mouthwatering flavor, the exterior is crisp, while the interior is quite moist. With fries produced from sweet potatoes, it is often offered as an accompaniment.
How to Cook Maxs Style Fried Chicken with Kamote Fries
Your very own fried chicken, prepared in the manner of Max’s, may now be prepared in the comfort of your own home. When compared to the time required for the production of regular fried chicken, the amount of time that is required for this dish could be slightly longer. On the other hand, the process is uncomplicated, and the result of the treatment is remarkable. You would be wise to give this a try to observe what happens.
Before frying the chicken, the first thing that has to be done is to bring it to a boil and cook it until it is thoroughly cooked through. When bringing the water to a boil, it should be done in a saucepan that is large enough to hold a whole chicken. It is recommended that you incorporate a piece of Knorr Chicken Cube into the mixture, in addition to salt, pepper, onion, and lemongrass. This particular mix of ingredients imparts a flavor that is quite strong for the soup.
Boil Water in a Large Saucepan:
– Begin by bringing water to a boil in a saucepan large enough to accommodate the whole chicken. This ensures even cooking.
Season the Water:
– Add flavor to the boiling water by incorporating a piece of Knorr Chicken Cube. This, along with salt, pepper, onion, and lemongrass, creates a flavorful broth that will infuse the chicken with a rich taste.
Enhance the Flavor:
– The addition of Knorr Chicken Cube intensifies the savory essence of the broth. It contributes to the overall flavor profile of the chicken, making it more delicious.
Stuff the Chicken Cavity:
– Once the broth is seasoned, stuff the cavity of the chicken with green onions and lemongrass. This step enhances the infusion of flavors into the chicken.
Boil the Chicken:
– Place the chicken into the boiling water and let it simmer over low to medium heat. Allow the chicken to boil for approximately 35 minutes. Ensure it is fully submerged for even cooking.
Turn the Chicken if Necessary:
– If the chicken is not fully submerged, consider turning it over during the boiling process to ensure both sides cook evenly. Boil for an additional 15 minutes.
Check for Doneness:
– To ensure the chicken is thoroughly cooked, check the internal temperature using a meat thermometer. It should reach at least 165°F (74°C).
Remove from Heat:
– Once the chicken is cooked, carefully remove it from the boiling water. Allow it to cool before proceeding to the next steps.
This boiling process ensures that the chicken is not only cooked through but also absorbs the rich flavors of the seasoned broth, contributing to the overall deliciousness of Max’s Style Fried Chicken. The cavity of the bird should be stuffed with lemongrass and green onions, as this is the suggested combination. After placing it in the pot, bring it to a boil over low to medium heat for 35 minutes, with the heat turned down to a simmer. The chicken should be able to absorb the majority of the flavors that are present in the broth as it is being cooked.
After I have brought the chicken to a boil, I usually turn it over so that the other side may steam simultaneously. It is essential to make certain that the chicken is cooked uniformly throughout the entirety of the bird; therefore, you should make sure that it is totally submerged during the cooking process. The amount of time required to bring the water to a boil is limited to fifteen minutes. After the water has reached the boiling point, remove the chicken from the kettle and set it aside. The green onion and lemongrass should be removed from the cavity once they have been allowed to cool down. This will allow you to drain everything out of the cavity.
Bring the sliced sweet potato to a boil in the remaining liquid for three minutes while the chicken is cooling down. This should be done while the chicken is cooling down. The process is finished promptly. Ensure that you keep a close eye on it and give it careful attention so that it does not become overcooked. After the liquid has been withdrawn from the saucepan, it is necessary to drain the excess liquid. It should be placed in the freezer so that it can become chilly.
On account of this, we will have to allow the chicken to dry naturally this time. If you want to add flavor to the exterior of the meal, however, you should begin by sprinkling Knorr Liquid Seasoning all over it. Wait at least three hours for the chicken to reach room temperature on a dish that has been thoroughly cleaned before proceeding with the cooking process. We are currently in the process of air-drying the item. After the completion of this procedure, the skin must be fully dry without any moisture present. The next step is to cut the bird in half along its length.
It seems like you’ve provided additional details about the process of air-drying the chicken for Max’s Style Fried Chicken with Kamote Fries. Continuing from where you left off:
Allow Natural Drying:
– After rubbing Knorr Liquid Seasoning on the chicken, allow it to dry naturally. This process helps the skin to become dry, enhancing the crispiness when fried.
Room Temperature Rest:
– Place the chicken on a clean plate and let it rest at room temperature for at least three hours. This step is crucial for achieving the desired texture and flavor.
Ensure Complete Drying:
– The air-drying process is complete when the skin is fully dry, and there is no moisture left on the surface. This is essential for achieving a crispy exterior when the chicken is fried.
Cutting the Chicken:
– Once the air-drying is complete, it’s time to prepare the chicken for frying. Cut the chicken in half along its length. This step helps to ensure even cooking and allows for easier handling during frying.
Now, with the chicken prepared, you can proceed to the frying stage. Ensure that the oil is hot enough and carefully place the chicken halves into the oil. Fry until the exterior is golden brown and crispy, while the inside remains moist and flavorful.
Remember to be cautious when handling hot oil, and enjoy your homemade Max’s Style Fried Chicken with Kamote Fries! If you have any further steps or details you’d like to share, feel free to continue.
1. **Can I use regular potatoes instead of sweet potatoes for the fries?**
– Yes, you can substitute sweet potatoes with regular potatoes if you prefer. The choice of potato depends on your taste preference.
2. **Is there a substitute for Knorr Liquid Seasoning if it’s not available?**
– If Knorr Liquid Seasoning is unavailable, you can use soy sauce as an alternative. Adjust the quantity based on your taste.
3. **Can I marinate the chicken overnight instead of air-drying for three hours?**
– While air-drying for at least three hours is recommended, you can marinate the chicken overnight in the refrigerator for enhanced flavor.
4. **Do I need to thaw the chicken before air-drying?**
– It’s advisable to thaw the chicken completely before air-drying to ensure even marination and cooking.
5. **Can I use a different type of oil for frying?**
– Yes, you can use vegetable oil, canola oil, or any oil with a high smoke point suitable for frying.
6. **How do I know when the chicken is cooked through during boiling?**
– Ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) during boiling to guarantee it is thoroughly cooked.
7. **Can I freeze the chicken after boiling for later use?**
– Yes, you can freeze the boiled chicken for later use. Thaw it in the refrigerator before air-drying and frying.
8. **What other side dishes pair well with Max’s Style Fried Chicken?**
– Apart from Kamote Fries, you can serve the chicken with garlic rice, coleslaw, or a refreshing green salad.
9. **Can I use boneless chicken for this recipe?**
– While bone-in chicken is traditional, you can use boneless chicken pieces if you prefer. Adjust cooking times accordingly.
10. **How can I avoid the chicken skin from becoming too oily when frying?**
– Ensure the chicken is well air-dried before frying. Additionally, maintaining the right oil temperature and not overcrowding the frying pan can help prevent excessive oil absorption.
These FAQs should provide additional insights into preparing Max’s Style Fried Chicken with Kamote Fries. Enjoy your cooking!
ALSO READ: Chicken Binagoongan Recipe